Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Colt 45, French Horn Rebellion of Septembris 6th of the Stanky Year of Our Lord, Two-Thousand and Nine

sept6
(Sneaky wrote the bones of this blog entry just hrs after the party)

My homies, French Horn Rebellion needed a Pittsburgh stop on their tour with Brazilian electro darlings, Database. Rob and David of FHR reached out to my other homie, Vince (of Down and Derby fame) for a Sunday show.

Anyway

Yr friendly neighborhood, super-heroes pulled together at pretty much the last minute. All of these yrs, swimming thru the ether… our art late-blooming, has led to tonight. This show was my favorite show ever. It felt right. What else can I say?
This:
rock yinz
There are a lot of amazing musicians out there. So many incredible song writers, writing great songs. But there’s something more. There has to be.

So I say, why not surround myself with amazing musicians… write some great songs and…
Photobucket
I know this is a blog, but the only way I can describe it is to perform, hopefully a show somewhere the caliber of what took place tonight. The sun is not yet up. The party is over. There’s a light rain falling on a cool Native American Summer dawn. All of my friends and my lovely new acquaintances have been seen safely to there vehicles. And the feeling is still fresh in my, whatever the scientists are calling it now-a-days, mind. It was better than drugs. Better than sex, even… and trust me I’ve had some amazing sex in my day…

We worked hard to gather a room of amazing people…everyone… in that room in that moment are special, and I think a lot more of us are capable of producing and enjoying such moments in time. This is the something more. And I honestly swear that we couldn’t have done it alone. For the other seventy or so other beautiful human beings that shared this experience with me… I thank you. We did it! All of our hard work has paid off.

Let’s remember this night. Take a picture, it’ll last longer…but for how long? Long enough.
yinz party pittsburgh awesome
One more thing… during our triumphant encore that included a cover of “Purple Rain”… I held in all of our energy for a little too long. It was exceedingly beautiful and I became overwhelmed. Standing there on a kick drum, in the center of the best of company, singing Prince’s words like a well-known sermon… I cried out of joy. Could you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment